
So, as I was getting ready for my day today, I went through my usual ritual of trying on about two to three outfits before settling with what I want to wear. As I'm looking at my first outfit, I wasn't too thrilled about the way that the sweater looked with the jeans, so I thought well, I'll try another sweater. I tried another sweater, I loved the sweater- hated the jeans. So I put different jeans on with the cute sweater, but they were to "matchy matchy" so I changed the sweater to an oxford..but then I was lookin' a bit manish in the new outfit....by this time I was getting frustrated..you know how it goes, a huge pile of clothes sitting on the bed, with a million hangers thrown about the room, and all we can say is we have nothing to wear. So it was right about that time when I thought, you know what?.. I'm not gonna care about what I look like today and go the comfy route... I pull out my trusty old handy dandy 5 year old jeans.. slip them on with a turtelneck and sweater vest and be on my merry way.
I get to Children's to visit Caylah bear and I'm BENDING over to give her big hugs and play with her. I gave her a bath, all the while BENDING over to pick up her towels and fold her laundry. I participated in rounds-standing in a BIG circle in the MIDDLE of Children's hallway. Later in the afternoon we left Children's getting onto FILLED elevators, walking into lobby's with TONS of children...BENDING over to pick up my parking ticket that I dropped....also keep this in the back of your mind too..I'm still somewhat sniffly because of my cold, so I would have an occasional sneeze here and there followed by some nose blowing..oh how attractive I must have looked..any how....
Hubby and I came home. I went to into the bathroom not ONCE not TWICE but three times before I notice the atrocity! I turn around as I'm buttoning my jeans and OH THE HORROR! It was the most horrendously HUGE tear in the back of my jeans. No really..not that cute little peekaboo hole that jeans sometimes get that SOMETIMES looks adorable in the right moment. You know...in Jersey..with Sea blue eyeshadow big hoop earrings and velcro hightop reeboks. It definitely was NOT that cute LITTLE peekaboo hole. It didn't even say "look at me I wonder what's under that little snippit of a tear"...it said "look at me and then offer me twenty dollars to go to the nearest motel room" Mortified! mortified! mortified! All I can do is break out in hysterical laughter. I come bustin' out of the bathroom... screaming to my hubby "YOU DIDN"T NOTICE THIS" No. He says: typical boy answer! Gosh by this time I'm laughing so hard I'm in tears..I've already called two of my girlfriends...one was home and the other I left a message on her cell(can you imagine getting that message on your phone..she probably didn't even understand a word I said due to my hysterics :)
So as the laughter subsided there it was "The haunting of the day past" and it's all up there in the second paragraph..my bends, my crouches, my maneuvers through the hospital..oh the joy.
If there is one thing I have learned from this is not to believe all that sisterhood of the traveling pants crap....
Jeans don't last that long.



No comments:
Post a Comment