Monday, December 8, 2008

Disney should name a roller coaster after us.......



Caylah bear was all smiles today! As soon as I walked in the door and said hello she lit up like a Christmas tree. We had a ton of fun giving her big kisses and tickling her cheeks to make her smile!!

Once again she has trucked through another bought of pneumonia. The epinephrine has been her saving grace. They have been able to wean it off today and her O2 is down to 80% with sats in the high 80's low 90's she has been doing okay without the epinephrine so far, but like I said in my prior email, I'm scared to see her off of it because it was the only thing that was keeping her alive at that time. Let's hope she is able to stay strong!!

As far as the Genetic issues- Chris and I will be speaking with a genetics counselor soon and he/she will be able to answer some more questions we have for them. The docs did inform us that hubby and I should do a genetic workup(to see if we are carriers of any genetic mutations) so that we will be more well informed with future pregnancies. I was already tested for CF before Caylah was born and those results were neg, but the docs at Childrens want to re-do the test just in case.

So, Caylah has had a good week and a half so far. All we can do is keep on praying for our little sweet pea and cherish every moment that we have with her.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! She sure is a trooper! I continue to think of you all often. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww..those are precious pictures! Miss you guys!! Give Mactaculous a big hug for me!! =)

    ReplyDelete