
Man am I gettin' old!
Hubby left for NH this afternoon to do some paperwork for his residency. So I thought how nice it would be if I decorated the tree as a surprise for when he got home. So let's back up a smidge....
I was so excited when we got our tree yesterday. We have always been the type to pretty much go all out on the holidays. You know, the whole Griswold Christmas tree thing..So we trucked merrily home with our 9 ft tree. It just barely fit(with a few adjustments to the top of the tree that was bent backward onto our ceiling) but it is beautious.
So to continue my "I'm getting old" story... so we have no stools..we have no ladders..we have no chairs..well, aside from our couches- but really, what kind of nut would move her couches over to the tree to reach the top?(sadly, I thought about it) so I decided that I would cleverly jump up to the top of the tree to place the first set of lights (not thinking that I would ram into it like an idiot and leave half the pine needles scattered about the floor.) I managed to get the first string of lights adjusted okay..but how the heck was I supposed to get it around the back without getting completely sucked into this monsterous thing?
A wet sock and 30 gazillion pine needles later, I finally managed to get the lights on myself. By this time I was exhausted! So here lay 4 boxes of ornaments.......on the floor. Hence the very FAR away picture of our tree :) Well, so much for surprising hubby with a fully decorated tree... Tis the season.



Well you may not think your tree is perfect just yet, but your photography skills are stunning which makes everything look better! I wish I could be there to see you tackling the tree as you did. You always appear so graceful so this had to have been a site! This is why we buy pre-lit, although they don't smell or look as nice.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Just to let you know, I would have been that crazy person moving the chair over to the tree :)
Hahahahahahaha I literally laughed outloud reading this Tammy! Haha I miss you guys! I'm keeping Macaylah in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI would have done the same thing! Except I am so crazy that I would've gone out and bought a dust buster and a step stool! :) The picture is so beautiful.
ReplyDelete